Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stormy Night

Hey Friends,

Crazy storms batman! Wow that was some horrible weather on my way home from Church. It was beautiful out when I was driving there and when it was over and I was leaving it started down pouring! I do love a good midwest storm as much as the next person, but I hate driving in them. I get so nervous!

When I was driving home a song came on the radio that had nothing to do with child loss, but some of the lyrics stuck out to me. It is A Little bit Stronger by Sarah Evans. The lyrics I'm referring to are:

Woke up late today and I still feel the sting of the pain
But I brushed my teeth anyway
I got dressed through the mess and put a smile on my face
I got a little bit stronger
Even on my weakest days
I get a little bit stronger
I love music and I am a firm believer that there is always a song to express what you are feeling. This song has nothing to do with child loss, but there were still lyrics within the song that I can relate to. It's true even on my weakest days I feel like I get a little bit stronger. My new "moto" is perfect for me... Surviving One Step at a Time!

Happy Hump Day Friends!

Take Care,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to find a way to put this into words for a couple days now...so here it goes. When I first started reading your blog I would sob and cry like no other. I hated the pain I felt. I would find myself having to come back, check on you, make sure I would be there to carry the hard days with you. In the last week since making the donation in honor of the girls. I don't cry as often now I find that I can read your blog and I smile. It IS getting better for you Lisa, I can feel it in your words. I use to cry just trying to talk to someone about the girls, I wanted so badly to share the story get the word out, but each time I did I would cry..didn't matter who or where it was. I didn't cry yesterday while sharing my reason for my Bows for a meeting I have. I can't help but think that I'm finding this new found strength because of you:) YOU INSPIRE ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true. I find myself listening to a song that I have heard 100 times before and I may be having a bad day and the words of that song can relate to it and before that bad day, I never paid attention to the words. I am praying for you. Happy Hump Day to you too!!! I hope that you are able to get stronger, each day and I know that Macie wants to see you happy again:)

    ReplyDelete