Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tragedy Happens Again :(

Hey Friends,
 
Well it is with a heavy heart that I tell you that SIDS has struck again. Only this time it was really close to home. The parents are in Omaha, NE (Where I am from) and the mom went to the same High School as I did (Millard West). Their 4 month old daughter passed away while at daycare yesterday. Another mom that will hate the 25th of the month as much as I do. Another mom that has to go through this unimaginable pain that can truly only be understood if you have lived it. I am planning on reaching out to them, but we are giving them time first. The last thing I want to do is bombard them, but rather let them know when some time has passed that we are here for support. We will be a listening ear and we truly understand. So please say an extra prayer tonight for Abby and Zach and their angel Emma.
 
However, with finding out this news I couldn't help but to start questioning things. Why are they all around 4 months old? Why are they all girls? Why are they all at a day care providers house? None of them were at day care centers. I want to know what causes SIDS, I want a cure.
 
Well it was 3 months yesterday. 3 months since Macie got her Angel Wings. Another milestone day that I have survived. Each day I survive. "The death of a child is like an illness which one will never fully recover." 
 
I went to go get my official copy of the police report today. I had to fill out some paper work and I wont get it until Thursday or Friday. It will take a few days which annoyed me at first, but once they explained the reasons I was very pleased! So this time the wait doesn't bother me at all! I am dreading what other horrid information I'm going to find out once I do get my official copy. I wonder how many more times I was lied to that I'm not aware of yet?? I'm sure there are plenty of things, but in a few days I will know.

Yesterday I kept myself busy. Last night and tonight I have been trying to figure out how to create, organize and design a website. It is definitely not an easy task so I will be back at it again tomorrow.  Chris has created a website for Macie's Golf Scramble August 13th and I'm trying to get all of the information on it to share with everyone. Once I do get this accomplished and everything is complete I will post the website on here for you all to see. If you have FaceBook here is the event page: Macie Elizabeth Golf Scramble.
 
And last, but definitely not least. THANK YOU SHILA!! Shila is a daycare provider and watches a ladies daughter that I work with. She found out about Macie and she has made bows that are in our break rooms at work and all proceeds are being donated to SIDS in Team M's name! I love it! I went in their today and looked at all of them and had so many people tell me about them first thing when I got their this morning!! It is SO great to know there are people out there with huge hearts! So Shila I thank you for your love and support! They are wonderful!! Everyone at my work will be wearing pink and a hair bow this Friday in honor of Spring for SIDS!!
 
Please remember to take a picture of yourself on Friday in your Pink and Hair Bows! I will be making a slide show of everyone supporting Spring for SIDS in honor of Team M! 
 
Take Care,
Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    We are originally from Oakland,Ia around omaha about 45 min south of there.We go to omaha to shop and get groceries. Im sorry to hear about your child and your friends child. You guys are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate hearing about another loss from SIDS. I wish there was something that could be done for this, if they could just fid a cure. It breaks my heart knowing that another family is going to have to live without their Angel. Sending up Prayers for them and for you!!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so sorry about the loss of your baby macie. your blog is absolutely wonderful, informative and beautiful. I am a NICU RN in San Diego and came across your blog when doing SIDS research. I wrote a blog post for tomorrow, national SIDS awareness day, and i included your blog on my blog....i hope you don't mind! keep up the great work, spreading the word about SIDS and smiling! my blog is
    www.eebphotography.blogspot.com
    xo,
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    Thank YOU!! I'm not doing this for you to worry about thanking me. I want to help, I have to help, I will HELP!! I love that you are asking questions and getting others to do the same. I wanted to share with you, that while putting the bows out. I had a few interesting conversations. I placed bows in two Ciropratic offices, they both had a very real and pondering thought for a cause for SIDS. I know from experiance that the medical community is not crazy about ciropractic care. That makes me angry, we need to look at ALL possible causes because what we have been doing is not working!!! It makes sense when I feel not like myself, like I might be coming down with something or just a little differant I go in for an ajustment and that works wonders for me. I just wish the gloves and blinders would come off, and real research would be done:) Just maybe it is a place to look?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I am new to reading your blog & just have a quick question for you. I'm from Saskatoon, SK, Canada. When a woman is on mat leave, she has time off from work for a year. I've read a couple of blogs of women, who live in the states, that have lost a baby and that child has passed away while at daycare. Is the states different with mat leave that children are in daycare at such a young age? Or is it just an individuals choice? I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace & happiness as your life continues.

    ReplyDelete