Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yesterday::Pink-Out around the world!!

Hey Friends,

Yesterday was a HUGE success! Thank you!! Everyone I saw was in Pink and I loved seeing everyone’s pictures!! I was filled with joy by seeing everyone in pink and showing their support for my baby girl and Maddie. Go Team M!

When I got home from work I was by myself and there is this one picture of Macie that I have hanging up that I always talk to when I am home. Otherwise I talk to her in my head. :) I told her all about it and how I knew she was there and smiling! :)

So far we have raised $6,785.40 towards SIDS research! It is such a great thing! I don’t have the final total yet, but once I do I will post that :)

Also, on my way to work and on my way home from work Cryin' for Me by Toby Keith came on the radio. Yes it was probably a coincidence, but this is the song that reminds me of Jenny (see previous post: Jenny) so I took it as a sign that she was there too supporting Macie and SIDS! :)

Below is a picture of me in my Macie Shirt :) I took it in the mirror so the T-Shirt writing is backwards, lol. Below that one is a picture of my friend Miranda and I. 

Don’t forget I’m going to do a slide show of all of the people who supported Team M yesterday so please send me your pictures: lisa.mieras.barton@gmail.com.




Me



Miranda & I



Take Care,
Lisa

Side Note: On my way home from work I stopped at the police station and picked up my official copy of the police report. Horrible, horrible, horrible is all I can say about that. More lies (go figure). Chris and I went through everything and I will elaborate later.

4 comments:

  1. I am devistated for you that your are finding out there are lie's surrounding you sweet daughters death. That is so heart breaking! With so many likes are they still calling it SIDS or is your sitter responsible for neglect? I know it will not bring back your precious little one but if your sitter is responsible maybe you could press charges. I am so so so sorry. I am still praying for you to have strength and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I've been following your blog for a while, since Kellie posted a link to it. I've wanted to comment for a while, but I am just at a loss for words. All I can say is that I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Macie. I pray for you, Kellie, and all the families of angel babies every night. It's just not fair, and I wish I could do something to ease your pain.

    Oh, and I bet that song wasn't just a coincidence. I'm sure your friend Jenny was there with you! And Macie too!

    *Sending you and your husband love and prayers!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa! I am so sorry you had to get the police report and be even more disappointed with the lies! I have been reading and keeping up with your blog from Kellie, but never know what to say...I just don't want to say the wrong thing. Please don't blame yourself for the carelessness of your babysitter...you did DO everything right, you did your homework on her and checked the facts...you are a fantastic woman and Macie knew exactly what she was doing when she picked you to be her Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was your babysitters name? Do you live in Lee Summit? I am trying to locate the family that lost a baby due to sids in the care of Michelle Brown, would that be you?

    ReplyDelete